Thursday, June 30, 2011

Horsin' Around!

What's up friends! Manny here. Today I woke up and I was on a mission. I wanna be a cowboy! Haven't you ever wondered what it was like to ride a horse? To feel the wind blowing through your hair when the horse runs while you are holding on tight for dear life? Well, in my case, I don't have hair. I have yarn. But it still blows in the wind. I really need to find a good conditioner.

So today I set off to fulfill my dream of being a cowboy. I saw this fellow riding a horse. He was really tall.  I tried to climb up to see him, but it was too hard for a little sock monkey like me.
I tried to talk to the fellow riding the horse, but he didn't say anything. He seemed pretty quiet. And angry....so I gave up and left.
I started asking folks if they knew of a horse I could ride. Someone directed me to this wild stallion. He seemed pretty old though, and wouldn't give me a ride unless I gave him a quarter. Lucky for me, some nice lady came by and gave me a quarter to give to the horse!
But even after I gave him my quarter, he was pretty slow. I didn't feel the wind blowing through my yarn. I guess he was too old. So I went on my way, still roaming the prairies and plains for a good horse to ride. And then I came across this bucking bronco!
Whoa! He was pretty wild and I only could hold on for about 7 seconds. Then off in the sand I fell. I was disappointed in this horse. But I was determined to be a cowboy! So I kept searching. Soon enough I found this pretty filly!!!
Her name is Dallas and she is a Palamino. I think we were made for each other. Dallas is a great horse and together we rode all over town. She never once bucked me off. And when she ran, I felt the wind rushing through my yarn. It was a wonderful feeling. But after awhile, Dallas had to return to her stable, so we had to say goodbye. I'll never forget her.
Happy Trails!
Manny

No comments:

Post a Comment