Friday, July 15, 2011

All Work and No Play

Hey Friends! Manny here. When I woke up today, I was seriously giving this job thing some more thought. So I tried again. 

I thought about being a postal person. But I really don't look good in blue and I don't think I would like those uniforms. Besides, I hear that dogs chase postal people a lot. Sometimes, they even bite them!!! Yikes! Can you imagine how dangerous that would be for a sock monkey like myself?
Then I thought about working for the railroad all the live long day. But those trains are so loud and I hear that hobos live inside those train cars. Hobos!! Even more danger than the postal job. So I kept moving....
Then I thought about being a roughneck and working on the oil rigs. North Dakota is booming with the oil business right now!!! There is a lot of money to be made. But I heard that can be pretty rowdy and may not be the life for a sweet little monkey like myself!
Then I ran into the UPS guy. I asked him if he liked his job and he said he did. His favorite part is wearing the brown shorts in the summer time. But you have to be able to lift at least 75 pounds to work in this cool brown truck. Plus, you have to know how to drive. I haven't been able to learn that yet. Still working on that. On I went on my quest....
Then I ran into this guy!!! His name is Josh Jones and he is THE guy on Rock 107.9 FM!!! He plays the coolest music!!! He is the best dj in the whole world!!!! If you call him in the morning and ask him to play your favorite song, he will do it!!! His job is awesome! But since he has the best job in town, there is no room for a little monkey like myself. This town's not big enough for two music lovers like myself. For now, I'll let Josh keep playin' the cool tunes!!!!

After a long day of poundin' the streets looking for work, I ran into my nice lady friend who told me that sweet little monkeys like myself should just stick to what we know best-monkey business!!!! So she gave me a ride home, but first let me stop by Valley Dairy to buy my favorite snack!!!
Yes, I hustled enough work this week to buy my very own bag of tasty Cheetos!!!! I may not be gainfully employed, but my fingers are yellow with Cheetos. Life is good my friends!!!!
Manny

No comments:

Post a Comment